We deliver a comprehensive array of legal services that are targeted to your company's specific needs.
Corporate Formation & Structuring
From entity formation to licensing and strategic collaborations, we equip entrepreneurs with key resources to grow their business.
- Bylaws and charters
- Partnership, LLC and shareholder agreements
- Collaboration and contribution agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- Intellectual property assignment agreements
- Investment agreements
Contract Review & Negotiation
We have successfully drafted or negotiated documentation for over $2 billion worth of mergers, acquisitions, licenses and other complex transactions.
- Complex Transactions
Mergers & Acquisitions
Crowley Law LLC represents clients through mergers and acquisitions and private equity transactions across a variety of industries. Our clients include large and small technology and life sciences companies, private equity funds and other financial sponsors, boards of directors, special committees, financial advisors and other participants in corporate transactions.
We believe every entrepreneur is unique. We take the time to understand your goals and find creative ways to make them happen.
- Developing & reviewing strategic planning assumptions
- Mitigating business and legal risks
- Identifying opportunities
- Reviewing ongoing performance to plan
- Acting as legal counsel or as a strategic legal advisor
Capital Raises & Financing
We know cash is the lifeblood of your business. We help you strategize and identify capital sources, and guide you in protecting your interests.
- Assisting in development of strategy for financings
- Assisting in identifying appropriate capital sources
- Negotiation of terms sheets
- Negotiation of investment agreements and governance agreements
- Protecting interests of founders and employees
Intellectual Property Planning & Protections
Protecting and profiting from your intellectual property is a priority, regardless of how fast you need to get to market. We help you plan for success so you can be secure as you scale your business.
- Proactive guidance rights, risks and opportunities
- Identifying and categorizing IP assets
- Policies and procedures to protect IP assets
- Identifying pathways to create protectable IP
- Identifying potentially patentable IP
- Recommending appropriate patent counsel and negotiating scope and cost of representation
- Nondisclosure agreements
Licensing Agreements & Strategic Collaborations
Licensing Agreements can be unfairly complex. Our knowledge of complicated state and federal laws along with deep business acumen help you navigate transactions and maintain the integrity of your intellectual property.
- Identifying licensing opportunities
- Drafting and negotiating licensing and marketing agreements
- Assisting in planning and negotiating joint research projects
- Assisting in securing funding
- Protecting intellectual property
- Protecting trade secrets though nondisclosure agreements prior to discussions with outside third parties
General Counsel Services
We provide ongoing proactive legal counseling to help start-ups identify and mitigate risk at every stage of your journey.
- Proactive Counseling to Identify and Mitigate Risk
- Founder & Key Employee Arrangements
- Employment & Consulting Agreements
- Executive Compensation and Incentive Compensation
- General counsel management of the scope of activities and cost of outside lawyers or firms retained for litigation, patents or other specialized projects.
- Access to a wide network patent attorneys, other specialty counsel and experts in a wide range of areas to support your extended legal needs as your business grows.
Complex Business & Commercial Litigation
We proactively represent your interests in litigation, arbitration, mediation or on appeal. We have significant experience strategically advising on and handling all types of complex business and commercial litigation as primary and/or local counsel including:
- Shareholder member, and partnership disputes
- Disputes concerning restrictive covenants including:
- Confidentiality and trade secret provisions
- Insurance disputes
- Trademark and copyright litigation
- Business and consumer fraud
- Securities matters
- Breach of contract and collection disputes
- Employment disputes