ANTHONY WILKINSON, ESQ.
Anthony serves as the legal advisor for multiple technology and manufacturing companies financed by serial entrepreneurs, angel investors and private equity firms. As an experienced and trustworthy corporate law attorney, Anthony plans and implements complex corporate restructurings, mergers and acquisitions of privately-held businesses. He has extensive experience establishing commercial arrangements at every stage of the supply chain, from the factory floor to the retail/Internet store. Anthony is skilled at negotiating and structuring patent and intellectual property license agreements, clinical study agreements, joint venture agreements, joint operating agreements, asset purchase agreements, stockholder agreements, buy-sell agreements, limited liability company agreements, cross-purchase life insurance trusts, letters of intent, term sheets, employment contracts, consulting agreements, services agreements, business owner separation agreements, non-compete agreements, loan agreements, promissory notes, guaranties and security agreements.
With an extensive background in technology, finance, and business law, including researching and writing his own patent, clients benefit from Anthony’s ability to analyze various industry verticals, business interests and legal needs to guide them to success. Anthony’s ability to distill complex legal issues into accessible advice enables our clients to confidently make the decisions that will best serve them and their companies.
Anthony attended the University of Michigan as an undergraduate, where he graduated at the top of his class in electrical engineering before earning his Juris Doctor at Yale Law School.
Anthony served as Judicial Law Clerk for Chief Justice Robert N. Wilentz of the New Jersey Supreme Court. Following his clerkship, Anthony served as an Associate in the Project Finance Group of Dewey Ballantine in New York City. He has also served as president of an organization that managed the investment activities and tax reporting of the corporate general partner for a five-member investment partnership.
- Panel Presentation: “Crucial Technology Issues in Modern Law Practice – Handling and Protecting Documents, Communications and Client Data,” New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, July 2017
- Panel Presentation: “The Paperless Office,” 2017 Solo and Small Firm North Jersey Conference for the New Jersey State Bar Association and New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, March 2017
- Article: “Licensing a Trademark While Minimizing Exposure to Liability Arising from the Business Relationship with the Licensee” by Anthony Wilkinson and Lisa Gora, New Jersey State Bar Association Business Law Section Newsletter, Vol. 37, No. 3, January 2014
- Panel Presentation: “Being a Better Steward with Ten Steps on Spending Less on Legal Professionals,” Star 99.1 Business Networking Seminar, November 2013
- Panel Presentation: “The Doctors are in the House,” Program for Acceleration in Careers of Engineering, September 15, 2012
- Article: “Exiting an LLC in New Jersey” by Anthony Wilkinson, WGS Newsletter, September 2012
- Panel Presentation, “What are You going to do with Your Science or Engineering Degree?”, Program for Acceleration in Careers of Engineering, March 24, 2012
- Article: “Don’t Let The Sun Set on Your Opportunity to Obtain a Grant for a Solar Installation” by Hesser McBride, Jr. and Anthony Wilkinson, WGS Real Property Newsletter, September 2011
- Article: “Healthcare Reform – Impact on Employers” by Maureen Binetti and Anthony Wilkinson, Edison Chamber of Commerce, October 15, 2010
- Panel Presentation: “Venture Capital Term Sheets” by Jeffrey Neu, Kevin Kuzas, Anthony Wilkinson, NJ Institute for Continuing Legal Education Seminar at Business Law Symposium, April 8, 2011
- Article: “Protected Health Information and HITECH: How to Annihilate So as Not to Violate” by Anthony Wilkinson, New Jersey State Bar Association Health and Hospital Law Section Newsletter, March 2010
- Article: “Piercing the Registrant’s Veil: Trademark Infringement on the Internet, Identifying and Pursuing Infringers, and the Pros and Cons of Proxy Domain Name Registration” by Brett Harris, Amanda Shechter and Anthony Wilkinson, New Jersey Lawyer Magazine, June 2009
- Article: “Sale of a Distressed Healthcare Organization” by David Stein and Anthony Wilkinson, Volume 1 of materials for American Health Lawyers Association Annual Meeting, July 30 – July 2, 2008, San Francisco, California
- Adjunct Professor of Business Law, Pillar College, New Jersey
- Member of Ethics Board of Township of Old Bridge, New Jersey
- Volunteer teacher and educational trainer, Monmouth Worship Center, New Jersey